The Wisconsin Division for Libraries and Technology (DLT) established WISPUBLIB in 1994 as a venue to discuss public library issues of interest to the state's public library community. This email list is now being replaced by the following Google+ Communities:
- WI DPI Library Classifieds: Post jobs or interest in employment as well as library items to sell, buy, or give away.
- WI Public Library Services and Programs: Discuss what public libraries offer to their public
- WI Public Library Administration and Data: Issues and concerns related to operating and governing a public library in Wisconsin
- WI DPI Resource Sharing: A forum for library staff in all types of Wisconsin libraries to discuss interlibrary loan (ILL) and related topics
- WI DPI School Libraries PLC: A forum for school librarians, media specialists, and library aids to discuss common issues and interests
To join a Google+ Community, an email address linked to a Google account is required. (A Gmail email address or other Google services are not required.) See these links:
To join a Google+ Community listed above, click the link. In the community window, click Ask to Join at the top right.
Current plans are to maintain the WISPUBLIB email list through the end of 2015. WISPUBLIB continues to be an open, unmoderated list. The list may not to be used to promote commercial goods or services. The Division encourages anyone with an interest in public libraries to join the Google+ Communities listed above.
Unsubscribing from WISPUBLIB
Enter the email address where you received WisPubLib messages and click Unsubscribe.
You will receive an email asking you to confirm your request. To confirm, reply to the email as instructed.
Sending a Message to WISPUBLIB
- To send a message, address it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WISPUBLIB can be used to post out any information, questions, issues, etc., related to public libraries. The list is not to be used for commercial purposes.
- Note: If you Reply to a WISPUBLIB email, your reply will go to the sender of the message, not the entire list. If you do a "Reply All" then your reply will be sent to both the sender and the whole list membership.
WISPUBLIB Archives and RSS feed
An archive of WISPUBLIB postings is available, and the past 60 days of postings are also available via an feed.
Note: If you only want to read information on the list, you can use the RSS feed. To post to the list, you must be a subscriber.
If you have any problems or questions related to WISPUBLIB, please let us know.