Below are resources and links to information on library legislation and funding issues, including the bienniel state budget. This page also includes library law, standards, polices and planning.
Legislation and Funding Information
- Summary of 2013 Wisconsin Act 157 (AB 288)
- Task Force on Library Legislation and Funding
- Results of the Task Force bills
- SB 273 (the "Language Bill") resulted in 2005 Wisconsin Act 226 and had these results: Summary in Word format
- SB 272 (the "Reform Bill") resulted in 2005 Wisconsin Act 420 and had these results: Summary in Word format
- Frequently Asked Questions About the County Library Funding required in Act 150
- Frequently Asked Questions About the County Library Funding to Adjacent Counties (from Act 420)
- 2013-15 State Budget for Library Services
Library Law, Standards, Policies and Planning
- Wisconsin public library and library system:
- Wisconsin's Open Meetings Law and Library Board Closed Sessions
- FAQ About Wisconsin's Public Records Law
- Wisconsin Department of Justice Open Meetings Law and Public Records Law.
- Wisconsin Public Library Standards
- County Library Planning and Funding and Other Library Law Issues (from 1997 Act 150 and 2005 Act 420)
- Wisconsin Library Policy Resources Page. Links to policies of many Wisconsin public libraries.
- Economic Impact Studies and Resources. Links to various economic impact studies and resources for conducting local studies.
- Copyright Resources for Schools and Libraries. Links to resources to help schools and public libraries comply with U.S. copyright law.
Public Library Development Team's Work Plan
The Work Plan includes the team's mission, ongoing activities, and specific activities for the current budget year.
Denise Anton Wright
Division for Libraries and Technology
Public Library Development
125 S. Webster St., PO Box 7841, Madison, WI 53707-7841
(608) 266-7270; fax: (608) 267-9207