State statutes require that annual reports be filed by March 3, 2014—within 60 days after the conclusion of the fiscal year of the municipality or county in which the public library is located [Wis. Stat. s. 43.58(6)(a)]. Any questions regarding LibPAS, these reports, or instructions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What's New. A description of the changes made to public library data being collected for FY 2013.
- Youth Services Definitions and Examples. Information about YS-related data included in the annual report
- Instructions for the Annual Report. Includes current descriptions of annual report data elements.
- Data Entry Worksheet. Worksheet of all LibPAS data entry fields for compiling necessary information in advance of entering data online.
- System Effectiveness Form. The form can be completed and submitted in tandem with the annual report or, if the library board wishes to submit it separately, the board's statement on system effectiveness may be indicated only on a paper form, approved, signed, and submitted separately from the online public library annual report. If the library board should choose that course of action, please choose "Not indicating online" on the electronic form, then send the signed paper statement directly to the Division for Libraries and Technology, Jamie McCanless, PO Box 7841, Madison, WI 53707-7841.
- Note: As a public document, the separate paper statement will be provided upon request to your public library system or others, even if it is submitted separately.
- System effectiveness forms are due by the same date as the annual report—March 3, 2014.
- Electronic Form Website was opened for use on Friday, January 17. For reliable results, please use a recent version of a popular Web browser (the application has been tested with Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari). To print annual report forms, you will need PDF reader software such as Adobe Reader. See instructions below about the use and function of the electronic form.
- Using LibPAS. Instructions for using the LibPAS online reporting system to complete data entry forms, including organization, navigation, data entry, report submittal. For guidelines on the information to be entered on the form, see "Instructions for the Annual Report" above.
Statistics collected from annual reports for 1996 through 2012 are on the Public Library Statistics page.
Library System Annual Report
The following are available for completing the 2013 Public Library System Annual Report:
- Cover Letter. Information for system directors about the system annual report.
- What's New. A description of the changes made to public library system data being collected for FY 2013.
- Instructions for the system annual report. Includes current descriptions of annual report "Part A" an "Part B" data elements.
- Attachments and Enclosures Checklist. List of items compiled from report instructions and cover letter for systems’ use in preparing the annual report.
- Form PI-2404-B. Public Library System Annual Report and Plan Evaluation and Certification of Compliance for Calendar Year 2013.
Let me know if you have any questions, or contact email@example.com.